Tuesday 18 September 2012

Videodrome


I’m going to open with a positive and a negative. 

Negative: This is totally a lazy stopgap blog entry because I’m going to Asia for 3 weeks and therefore will not be posting any blogs. In fact, I hope to stay away from the internet entirely. 

Positive: Asia should give me plenty of material to write about embarrassing misunderstandings, disastrous accidents involving dead animals (which may not have been dead to begin with), and sexually transmitted diseases. In other words, the usual.

The purpose of this post is simply to show you a stop motion video I made. Normal guys my age spend their time coiffing their chest hair, hitting the dance floor, and having vigorous sex in alleyways with women who never wear underwear ‘just in case.’


In other words, normal guys my age are Mick Hucknall

Other guys my age pull their curtains and sit in the dark while masturbating to episodes of Hollyoaks. Then there’s guys like me (or perhaps, just me) who pull their curtains and sit in the dark for 3 days making stop motion videos about Vikings launching into space. 

3 DAYS! That is pretty much the main reason I’m posting it here. It took a long time, it’s the first time I’ve tried something ambitious and (mostly) pulled it off, and dammit, I’m proud of it! So here it is in all its glory.

*Contrary to the above preamble, the video is completely safe for work, and, in fact, quite suitable for children.*



(The video was originally produced for My Destination, a wonderful up-and-coming travel site. Check them out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment